EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Composites
Developing the next generation of composite manufacturing processes based on low cost, short cycle times, efficiency and sustainability.
Key Academic and Industrial Partners
- University of Nottingham
- University of Bristol
- Cranfield University
- University of Manchester
- Airbus UK
- Rolls-Royce Plc
- Bentley Motors Ltd
- Caparo Vehicle Technologies Ltd
- Lotus Engineering Ltd
- Luxfer Gas Cylinders Ltd
- Vestas Blades UK Ltd
- National Composites Centre (NCC)
- Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)
Composites are a critical technology for developing a low carbon economy- by providing light weight materials for transport systems, and through their use in wind and tidal power machinery.
Key Research Challenges
- Process science – integrated modelling approach to define process capability: defect generation, process variability, design/ manufacture/ cost interactions.
- Processing technology – next generation, high-rate manufacturing technologies: rapid deposition, high-speed processing, parts integration.
Professor Andrew Long, EPSRC Centre Director
Tel: +44 (0) 115 951 3779
Fax: +44 (0) 115 951 3800