Physical Sciences Regional Workshops: expression of interest to attend
EPSRC’s Physical Sciences (PS) theme is planning to hold three one-day regional workshops in order to discuss EPSRC’s strategy for the next Delivery Plan, and gain input on the implementation of this strategy for the Physical Sciences community.
By participating in the workshops attendees will have the opportunity to hear updates from EPSRC to the community in relation to:
- The Comprehensive Spending Review (CSR)
- EPSRC’s Delivery Plan and the future strategy with the Physical Sciences theme
- Outputs from EPSRC Council
Obtaining feedback and contributions from within the community on key areas including:
- The Delivery Plan for 2016-2020 in a physical sciences context
- Understanding the future needs of the PS community
- How we can maximise the working relationship between the PS community and EPSRC’s PS theme
- The shape of physical sciences disciplines in balancing our portfolio
We would like the key messages from the workshops to be relayed to as many appropriate parties as possible within the budget that is available to us. Therefore the workshops are open to all individuals with an interest in helping to develop EPSRC’s PS theme strategy including academic researchers, industrial representatives and other users. Unfortunately however, travel and subsistence expenses will not be covered. If you wish to attend a workshop, please complete the short survey at the bottom of the page by 29 January 2016.
As space is limited, expressions of interest to attend will be reviewed by an internal EPSRC selection process to ensure a broad representation of organisations and expertise. The venues are still to be confirmed but will be in the Midlands (09 March 2016), London (15 March 2016) and Glasgow (31 March 2016). Invitations, agendas and more information on the strategy will be sent out by the end of February.