Our culture and values
Our Culture at EPSRC
At EPSRC you will find a workplace based around employee empowerment and partnership. We aim to deliver impact for the long term benefit of the UK and to achieve this, we realise our employees need to be at the heart of our strategies. With this in mind we have developed a culture in which colleagues are involved appropriately in decision making and see themselves as partners in developing and achieving our organisational vision and aims. Our commitments are centred on fully engaging our most valuable assets: our people.
- Professional development and employee recognition: We are committed to developing our staff and encouraging them to fulfil their potential. Our employees are supported through both formal and informal training equipping them with the skills and knowledge they need to meet both present and future challenges.
- Work/Life balance: At EPSRC we recognize the importance of an employee’s life outside of work. Some of our commitments in this regard include our flexible working scheme and our community engagement activities.
- Diversity and employee inclusion: EPSRC focuses on attracting and retaining talented people from diverse backgrounds. Our focus is on creating a workplace where every one of our employees is valued and their input welcomed.
Our core values
- Integrity: At EPSRC we have high expectations of our employees when it comes to honesty, openness and reliability.
- Leadership and mutual support: Our employees are expected to take ownership for what they do and share in the responsibility of the wider organisation.
- Output focused: As a non-departmental public body we have to ensure that we deliver auditable results. We are focused on doing things as simply as possible whilst doing them well.