Concordat to support research integrity
The concordat to support research integrity was published by Universities UK in 2012. It was developed in collaboration with the funding councils, research councils, the Wellcome Trust and other government departments. The concordat seeks to provide a comprehensive national framework for good research conduct and its governance. As a signatory to the concordat EPSRC is committed to:
- Maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research.
- Ensuring the research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards.
- Supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers.
- Using transparent, robust and fair processes for dealing with allegations of research misconduct should they arise.
- Working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to reviewing progress regularly and openly.