Who we're working with
Key Business Partners
Over 2,000 organisations are collaborating on research or training funded by us. We have a number of strategic partnerships with user organisations, where we:
- share information, people and strategy;
- work together to support each other’s objectives;
- act as advocates;
- jointly fund and support research, training and other activities in UK universities in strategically important priority areas.
Priority Business Sectors
EPSRC focuses on the following key sectors of importance to the UK economy that are heavily underpinned by Engineering and Physical Sciences research and are engaged in R&D:
- Aerospace, Defence and Marine
- Chemicals, Bulk Products and Materials
- Creative Industries
- Electronics, Communications and IT
- Infrastructure and Environment
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
- Transport Systems and Vehicles
We are working with a range of Government departments and public sector organisations on joint initiatives and activities, including the Technology Strategy Board, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS), Department for Transport, Department of Energy and Climate Change and the Ministry of Defence.
Other Research Councils
We work closely with other research councils on cross-council themes such as energy and digital economy as well as issues that cut across our remits, and often jointly-fund activities.