Mission and vision
Our mission is to:
- Promote and support, by any means, high quality basic, strategic and applied research and related postgraduate training in engineering and the physical sciences.
- Advance knowledge and technology (including the promotion and support of the exploitation of research outcomes), and provide trained scientists and engineers, which meet the needs of users and beneficiaries (including the chemical, communications, construction, electrical, electronic, energy, engineering, information technology, pharmaceutical, process and other industries), thereby contributing to the economic competitiveness of Our United Kingdom and the quality of life.
In relation to the activities above, as engaged in by the Council and in such manner as the Council may see fit, to:
- Generate public awareness
- Communicate research outcomes
- Encourage public engagement and dialogue
- Disseminate knowledge
- Provide advice
Our vision is for the UK to be the most dynamic and stimulating environment in which to engage in research and innovation.
The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council is at the heart of discovery and innovation. Our research saves lives, creates prosperity, protects the environment and inspires future generations.