EPSRC's ICT Theme will be holding regional sessions for researchers in ICT in November.
Each session is an open meeting at which any researcher who submits or assesses proposals for EPSRC funding in ICT will be able to meet members of the EPSRC ICT Theme and colleagues from across the ICT communities to:
- update their knowledge of EPSRC's 'Shaping Capability' strategies for ICT
- hear about the recent changes to our peer review process and what it means for them
- discuss and consider how they might contribute to the five cross-ICT priorities and the shape of the ICT landscape (see the Introduction to the ICT theme)
- identify ways in which we can work together to secure a successful future for UK academic research in ICT
Four sessions will be held across the UK:
- Wednesday 07 November - University of Leeds
- Thursday 09 November - University College London
- Friday 09 November - University of Oxford
- Friday 30 November - University of Strathclyde
Each will run from mid-morning to mid-afternoon, with lunch provided. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis, taking into account a balance of places across institutions. Unfortunately we will not be able to arrange or pay for attendees' travel.
We hope you will find these useful and interesting sessions. They are a valuable opportunity for you to engage with members of the EPSRC ICT Theme and colleagues from other areas of research and institutions, and to become more involved in determining how EPSRC strategy affects the nature of the ICT research landscape.
To register your interest in participating please email Jeanna Gowland, stating which regional session you would like to attend.